Apr 2, 2011

Kiddie Party on a Budget.

Its been a week since we had conversation regarding the birthday party of our daughter and i posted here that we shortlist the choices to three options on where to celerate our daughter's 5th birthday.We've come up of a decision to hold the party in my in-laws house for the following reasons:

1. Hubby wants to invite his high school friends to come over to our daughter's party as their reunion and will have drinking session after.
2. Mama told us na mas ok daw sa house kasi mas enjoy at hindi nagmamadali.
3. I want to have a budget party. (talk about upcoming expenses again). I can say that this year's party for Tami will be the budgeted one, kasi naman sa every year na lang na nagbe-birthday sya, hindi bumababa ng PhP 15,000 to 20,000 ang gastos namen. Kaya nga wala akong reaction nung nagsabi ng birthday yung anak ko. Sa 15k na budget mkakabili na ko ng isang dining set nyan for our future house dba?


And the party is now set in my in-laws house on April 16 or 17, 2011. From the KFC and Mcdo budget of P13,000. The 13k budget is for food and venue only, hindi pa kasama ang invitations, outfit etc...and since i want it to be budgeted, i need to make sure na less than P15k lang ang expenses ngaun, sa 7th party na nya ang bongga. I just want to make sure that Tami will enjoy this simple party with her classmates. Last wednesday, i didn't go to work and i started to inquire some of the needs for the party.

Important things to do in throwing out a kiddie party.

FOOD. It is the most important thing in the party. You need to prepare good food for the visitors. And i am proud that Mama is a good cook. Since we want the party starts at 4:00pm, we need to prepare merienda to dinner food and Mama volunteers to cook some like Spaghetti and other menu for dinner. I will order some outside. My budget for food: P5,000 to 7,000.

Goldilocks Cake

I inquired this cake and costs PhP 1,600++.


PARTY NEEDS. Since this will be held in my in-laws house, i need to rent chairs and table. Lobocap is my choice because its near our place.


Last wednesday, I went to Lobocap Party Needs store to inquire for their package and the tables and chairs. Here's what they offer and i reserved it for our date.

Kiddie table set: P70.00 (minimum of 6 sets)
Adult table set: P130.00 (minimum of 5 sets)
2 Party Clowns as magician/host: 2,000 (with free 20 balloons)


PARTY FAVORS. This is the creative part of the party. The invitations, loot bags, game prizes etc. I am lucky to have my officemates/friends that help me with this. They told me that Divisoria has this place that has all the things needed for a party. I remember when my lola celebrated her 75th birthday, nagpunta din kami d2 nila kuya Bing but im not sure if yung napuntahan namin dati is yun din yung sinasabi ng mga ka-officemates ko. According to them, marami na kong mabibiling party favors sa P1k. We'll see.

Now i have the reason again to hubby why i need to go in Divisoria again. Woot! Woot!


PARTY OUTFIT. Important din ba to? hehe... We'll shop some other day or a week before Tami's bday.


We'll see kung makakatipid ako ngaun. Will do a cost breakdown after the party.


2 comments:

  1. This is nice blog, im also planning for my daugther's bday this nov. very tight budget since i have upcoming new born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. andReiyah, Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete